With the weather warming up, it’s time to start thinking about wasps and other insects that are coming out of hibernation. Their goal, like every other living thing, is to perpetuate the existence of the species. When the queen wakes up, she starts the search for a new home so that she can start reproducing. Pest control services can help you get a handle on this potential issue before it starts. South Carolina pest control companies such as Thompson Brothers Exterminating are gearing up for it now, so make your appointment soon.
Wasp Control Products are Flying off the Shelves
The problem with wasps has become a serious concern for pest control companies, as well as everyone else. Right now, those who develop pest control products are in a shipping frenzy to get the products to the stores for consumers to use as quickly as possible. If you make your own attempt at pest control rather than hiring a professional to do it for you, keep a few things in mind as you shop for chemicals that work.
Where to Find Wasps
- Look for environmentally friendly products so that you don’t do more damage than good.
- Check the label to learn about the impact the chemical has on the environment and whether it targets wasps or not.
- If you spray budding plants and trees, do so after the blooms have fallen off so you don’t prevent the plant from blooming properly.
Wasps like to put their nests in out-of-the-way places, such as corners of your home and bushes in your yard. Inspect the places listed below before you let the kids out to play or when you want to treat the areas for wasps.
- Eaves of your house and/or porch
- Leafy bushes outside
- Inside corners of the home, barn, or shed
- Inside or around the windows of your home
- Trees around your property
While there are some obvious places where wasps can build their nests, there also are places that you might not expect them to be, like inside the walls in your home. That’s why it’s often better to hire a professional pest control services to treat your home. They know exactly where to look and how to get rid of these pesky pests as quickly as possible. Give Thompson Brothers Exterminating a call today at 828.245.2669
to fix your wasp problem for good!